Graduate Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
This course is for Christian leaders seeking to develop professionally within the context of Christian ministry:
- Provide advanced knowledge of Christian beliefs and their implications for Christian life and practice.
- Explore a broad range of life and ministry situations based on advanced interpretations about Christian theological and contextual beliefs
- Provide autonomous, senior leadership in a Christian ministry context
Applicants need to have all core units required to complete the Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology, or a recognised Australian undergraduate degree or higher qualification, or equivalent overseas qualification.
To be awarded this Graduate Diploma, students must have gained three required units and at least two elective units.
- Application of Christian Teaching 1 (Research and assess Biblical concepts and present day Christian life and practice CMTTHE803A)
- Application of Christian Teaching 2 (Research and assess concepts about God in relation to the way we live as Christians CMTMIN802A)
- Research topic (Research and assess information within a theological area of study CMTTHE804A)
Elective units may include:
- These suggested units
- Leadership (Be a community leader BSBATSIL512A)
- Community partnerships (Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationship BSBREL701A)
- Team management (Ensure team effectiveness BSBWOR502B)
- Community development (Develop and implement community development strategies CHCCD615A)
- Performance management (Benchmark performance PSPGOV518A)
- Innovation (Create innovation and change through extension PSPSCI701A)
- Other relevant units from the Community Services Training Package.
- Competency units from other National Training Packages or accredited courses if appropriate to the specific ministry context for individual students and their workplace requirements, as long as they are not core units from any other Christian Ministry and Theology qualification.